As we go into the closing weeks of the college football regular season, the four playoff teams are far from set. There are many one loss teams on the cusp, and a couple two loss teams that could sneak in. Also, many tough match ups and conference championship games could shake up the rankings significantly. There are a couple things to watch these last couple weeks.
1. Can Alabama win the Iron Bowl? If so they have a great shot of staying in the playoff.
2. Will lack of a conference championship game hurt TCU and Baylor? Both of these teams are one loss teams that could benefit (or suffer) from another chance to prove themselves.
3. Will Ohio State having a conference championship help or hurt them?
4. Can UCLA beat Oregon in the Pac-12 championship?
5. The Egg Bowl between Mississippi State and Ole Miss could be the most important game in terms of the fourth spot in the playoff.
6. If Florida State falls in the ACC championship, it would be hard for the committee to keep it in the top 4.
These are just a few of the many events that could change the landscape of the playoff when it is all said in done. The next few weeks will be some of the most interesting.